Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Paper Bag Family?

18" x 24"
Prismacolor colored pencils on Stonehenge Kraft

As I explained in this recent post about my drawing of two envelopes, I have a habit of imagining inanimate objects as people. Well, I was sifting through a stash of paper bags, looking for my next subject (after drawing this one back in April), when a little grouping caught my eye: it looked just like a couple with a baby to me. Go ahead and laugh, but just look at them!

Interestingly, this week's topic on Illustration Friday is people. I'm guessing that no one else drew paper bags for this one!

I feel a paper bag series coming on, but I think I need to lay off the Stonehenge Kraft for a while; it's addictive stuff.

Oh, and apologies for the less-than-perfect photo quality. This was too big for my scanner, so I just shot it with my iPhone.)

3 comments:

  1. I love your little paper bag family although I think the baby is adopted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew mommy paper bags carried their babies like kangaroos. I suppose small bags are known as "joeys".

    ReplyDelete