Thursday, December 1, 2011

One year!


My little blog is one year old today! 

I was quite anxious when I hit "Publish Post" for the first time last December 1, but if I'd only known how much fun blogging is, I wouldn't have worried. Thank you, thank you to those of you that visit; because of your comments, I've gotten to know some wonderful  people. If you visit and have never left a comment, please do—I'd love to hear from you. I'd also like to thank my friend Vicki Thorne, who was so encouraging and helpful when I started, as well as a friend of hers at a lovely blog called The Blue Remembered Hills, who was one of the first to put me on his blog list—I still get visitors from his site almost daily.

When I published my first post, I commented about the serendipity of it being December 1, as I'm a bit obsessed with advent calendars. While I'm most fond of the traditional paper ones with little doors that open, I love the little set of Victorian-inspired numbers that I bought a couple of years ago—that's today's pictured above.

So, happy first day of December, happy birthday to my little blog, and most of all, thank you for visiting and being part of my blogging life.

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful art! This world is more beautiful because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sarah!!! I consider you one of my most special blog- buds...especially since you were MY first follower, when I started up last spring!! I adore your insightful blog and your absolutely wonderful, wonderful art work. You are so talented and I am so happy to know you :) :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary to a very talented lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy you are posting out here and that our paths crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Here's to many more posts and many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delighted to discover you on your birthday; the comment is late because I was reading with amazement. Very stimulatingly pretty and diverse subjects, great fun. Compliments & best wishes ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!
    I'm glad you did start blogging as your blog is a pleasure to behold.
    Please keep up the good work, as I, as do so many others, love to visit.
    Thank you for sharing your art and your world.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Happy Birthday" to your beautiful blog, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1st blogging birthday Sarah. Mine was in July and I totally agree that little did we know what a wonderful world is out there. Your art is wonderful and I love seeing it. Merry Christmas from over the pond,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Little Blog. Your toddler years are just beginning. You'll have such fun in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogaversay! Well done Sarah.... I am so glad you made the leap to blog and extend your thoughts, feedback and amazing art to everyone. I always look forward to your post and the comments you leave at my blog most weeks.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! I've been enjoying your drawings very much. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, everyone, for being my blog buddies. The pleasure is all mine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Sarah, happy blogiversary :) I love visiting your blog and getting to see all your wonderful artwork, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday!

    I was going to sing but I thought the neighbours have enough trouble as it is without disturbing them more.(my voice carries as it is contralto )

    I;m glad you post your work. You're a good artist - and your work is fresh and vigorous.

    Oh Happy Summer as well :) (well here in Oz it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the first birthday of your lovely blog! Here's to many more birthdays :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy blog birthday and thanks for sharing all your fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete